Calcasieu Rodeo Club Fundraiser ~ January 30, 2016 (link to info)
CENLA Rodeo Club Annual Fundraiser ~ February 13, 2016 (link to info)
NJHFR - Lebanon, Tennessee, June 19th - 25th, 2016
(link to hotels on this year’s NHSRA List, but there are many others in the area you may wish to contact)
Camping info will be available at the National Qualifier Signup in May, following the LJHFR.
NHSFR - Gillette, Wyoming
July 17th - 23rd, 2016
(link to hotels on this year’s NHSRA List with a note that many hotels are housing energy industry contractors and employees)
Camping info will be available at the National Qualifier Signup in June, following the LHSFR.
LHSRA 2016 PROM PHOTOS are available for viewing and ordering at http://dustysaddlesphotography.photoreflect.com/store/thumbpage.aspx?e=9748513
Congratulations to the LHSRA 2016 PROM COURT:
Prom King Clint Craig & Prom Queen Lexi Smith
Senior Beaus Brody Hayes & Colt Carpenter
Senior Maids Abbie Delcambre & Kelsey Brashear
Junior Beau Judd Hebert & Junior Maid Kati Murphy
Sophomore Beau Blake Chauvin & Sophomore Maid Hannah Forsythe
Freshman Beau Mason Pitts & Freshman Maid Kamryn Duncan
THANK YOU to all who assisted in any way with Prom 2016, from setting up and decorating to cleaning up, and from monogramming to donating door prizes. Each year, the assistance of many is needed to make the event memorable for the cowboys and cowgirls who attend. All of those efforts were much appreciated!
Congratulations to the Rodeo Prom 2016 Door Prize Winners:
- $50 Visa Gift Card ~ Conner Fontenot
- $25 Academy Gift Card ~ Hunter Aymond
- Scented Pillows ~ Reed Pharr, Riley Nugent, Justin Mhire, Trent Suydam
- LSU Koozie ~ Blake Chauvin
- Picture Frames ~ Natalie Broussard, Kelsey Brashear, Morgan McGrew, Lizzie Broussard
- Jewelry ~ Kady Aucoin, Lindsey Richard, Skylar Canik, Mia Martin
- LSU Softsider Cooler ~ Ryder Sandford
- Vehicle Vacuum ~ Logan Espey
- Official NFR Decks of Cards ~ Colt Carpenter, Joel Nero
- Pink Rodeo Blanket ~ Maddie Bahlinger
- J. Crew Scarf & Earmuffs ~ Savannah Kerry
- Aéropostale Infinity Scarf ~ Katy Fogleman
- Coach Wristlet ~ Aimee Hebert
- Cinch Pullover ~ Zeb Corkern
- Cinch Jacket ~ Clint Craig
And, THANK YOU AGAIN to all the DONORS!
UPCOMING RODEO NOTES:
CHANGE OF VENUE ~ The Northeast Junior High and High School Rodeos will be held at the North Louisiana Exhibition Center in Ruston, February 26-28, 2016.
NO QUEEN CONTEST ~ The Southeast Rodeo Club will NOT be hosting a Queen Contest.
PARTNER NEEDED FOR THE SPRING:
HS Heeler and New Member Chandler Sarpy needs a header. If interested, please call Mrs. Christi Sarpy at (318) 332-0532.
RAFFLE TICKETS NOW DUE
The first book of raffle tickets and $100 are now due. (New members joining for the remainder of the season will have both books due at the Vernon Parish Rodeo in Leesville.) According to the parents’ and members’ signed agreements, members who have not yet submitted their first book and payment will be blocked from entering any future rodeos. Books and payment (NO CASH, checks payable to LHSRA) may be mailed to:
831 LaHaye Road
Mamou, LA 70554
The second book with payment is due at the Vernon Parish Rodeo in Leesville, April 8-10, 2016.
SPECIAL RAFFLE WINNERS AT SULPHUR RODEO
All members who submitted both raffle books were entered into a drawing for $100 prepaid VISA gift cards. The winners were as follows:
Josey Cobb ~ Cyle Denison ~ Chloe Frey ~ Garrett Frey ~ Bailey LaBove ~ Jayden LeBleu
J.D. HEBERT MONOGRAMMED ARMBANDS
With special thanks to LHSRA Judge Jeff Burns and Mrs. Bonnie Burns, monogrammed armbands are being sold for $5 to benefit the J.D. Hebert Memorial Scholarship Fund. Special thanks to those who purchased armbands at the rodeo this weekend! A total of $425 has been donated thus far. There are just a few left. Please contact Mrs. Lisa Hebert, if you wish to purchase one.
HEAVEN NECKLACES SUPPORTING J.D. HEBERT MEMORIAL FUND
A note from Rodeo Mom Jean Soileau: “I will be selling Premier Designs Jewelry Heaven necklace in memory of our sweet J.D. Hebert with all proceeds donated to the J.D. Hebert Memorial Scholarship !!! The price with shipping and tax is $45.00. Please message me at 337-351-4426, if you are interested in ordering one !!! Also, visit my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/jeanthejewelrylady?fref=ts&ref=br_tf to take a look at the necklace and message me, if interested in purchasing one. Thank you!”
HEARTFELT THANKS FROM THE HEBERTS
Joey, Lisa, Judd, Jake and Courtney would like for everyone to know how much they appreciate the love and support extended in so very many ways following J.D.s death. J.D. has gone to heaven, but will forever remain in the hearts of his family and many, many friends from near and far. The burden of grief is lightened by the acts of kindnesses far too numerous to mention. The J.D. Hebert Memorial Scholarship will assure that J.D.’s connection to rodeo will continue in the endeavors and achievements of cowboys and cowgirls for many years to come. Please continue to keep all of J.D.’s family and friends in prayer and continue to tell his stories and share his memories and laugh and smile, as we remember J.D. Thank you from the Heberts…
THANKS FROM THE CENLA RODEO CLUB
The CENLA Rodeo Club would like to thank all who participated in the toy drive and 50/50 drawing. 72 new toys and $80 were collected for the children who will be at St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital for Christmas. And, $334 was donated to the J.D. Hebert Memorial Scholarship Fund. The Heberts also extend their gratitude.
THANKS FROM POINTE COUPEE HIGH SCHOOL RODEO ASSOCIATION
On behalf of the Pointe Coupee Parish Rodeo Association, gratitude is extended to all who purchased 50/50 tickets this weekend, as well as those who donated proceeds back. Through this generosity, $1430 was raised for the J.D. Hebert Memorial Scholarship Fund. Additionally, many children will be warmer this winter with the generous donations of knit hats and gloves. Thank you to all!
J.D. HEBERT MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Those wishing to donate are asked to please make checks payable to the J.D. Hebert Memorial Scholarship Fund, and mail directly to Joey and Lisa Hebert and Family, 1347 Regan Road, Egan, LA 70531. Contributions are gratefully appreciated and will make a difference in the lives of young people for years yet to come.
2015-16 OFFICIAL SCHEDULE
RESULTS - Sulphur Junior High and High School
RESULTS - CENLA Junior High and High School
RESULTS - Pointe Coupee Junior High and High School
RESULTS - Corbin Carpenter Memorial Fall Cuttings
RESULTS - Hackberry High School
RESULTS - Bell City Junior High and High School
RESULTS - Tri-Parish High School
RESULTS - Calcasieu Parish Junior High and High School
RESULTS - North Central Louisiana Junior High and High School
CORBIN CARPENTER MEMORIAL FALL CUTTING
LHSRA expresses sincere gratitude to Tom and Gay O’Neal for hosting the Corbin Carpenter Memorial Fall Cuttings in Choudrant. True “Southern hospitality” was on display and much appreciated!
Jade Conner Breakaway Roping Clinic
AFTER THE DRAW IS POSTED EACH WEEK…
Please check carefully for the following:
- you are correctly entered in all of your events
- you are not entered in any events that you did not intend to enter
- ribbon-roping and team roping partners are correct
- Junior High cowboys are entered in breakaway or tie-down, but not both
- you are in the jackpot, if you entered the jackpot, by noting the an asterisk (*) that appears next to your name
- you are not mistakenly in the jackpot
- your back number, name and school are corrrect
If you notice these errors or any other entry problems, please call CENTRAL ENTRY at (800) 547-6336 IMMEDIATELY to get these problems corrected.
If you have questions about any of this, text or call Stephanie Rodrigue at (337) 540-4623.
DRAWING OUT OF THE RODEO
Please be reminded that you can draw out of the rodeo on Thursdays from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM with no questions asked and no excuses necessary, by calling Rodeo Sports Network at (800) 547-6336. After 4:00 PM on Thursdays, entry fees are due, whether or not you compete. There are no medical or vet outs available.
Online Entries are now open on Friday at noon before the week of the rodeo through Tuesday at midnight at www.entries.rodeosportsnetwork.com/entries/
User Name and Password from previous years remain active; members new to online entries must call 1 (800) 547-6336, Mondays through Wednesdays, to obtain User Name and Password. Until membership is accurate, Rodeo Sports Network will not activate your online account. Accounts are only updated during regular business hours of the workweek, Monday through Friday
Call-in entries are available the week of the rodeo on Mondays and Tuesdays from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM at 1 (800) 547-6336. Have your card number available.
Late entries are accepted on Wednesday mornings from 9:00 - 12:00 noon through call-in only at 1 (800) 547-6336. Late entries incur a $25 late fee.
Entries include the options of first and second preferences, which are not guaranteed, as rodeo formats are not all identical. All performances may have limits. (Late entries on Wednesdays do not allow for preferences.)
A jackpot option is available at $25 per event. You must indicate that you wish to jackpot when you enter. The jackpot option cannot be added or removed at the rodeo. If you jackpot, it is indicated on the draw with an asterisk (*).
All rodeos are computer drawn. It makes no difference when you enter or whether you enter online or via call-in.
Per the NHSRA Rule Book, once the rodeo is drawn, no changes are made.
The draw is posted at www.rodeosportsnetwork.com on Wednesday afternoon.
It is the contestant’s responsibility to check the website for any errors and let Central Entry know by Thursday, if there are any entry problems. Entry problems cannot be corrected at the rodeo. All entry issues must be resolved through Rodeo Sports Network prior to 4:00 PM on Thursday.
The confirmation number is your verification that aligns with the audio recording of your entry. If you feel an error was made, it is the contestant's responsibility to call 1(800) 547-6336 before 4:00 PM on Thursdays to investigate the issue.
Drawouts are handled by call-in only to Rodeo Sports Network at 1 (800) 547-6336 on Thursday only from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
ENTRY FEE INFO
Entry Fees are paid at each rodeo by check or in cash. NSF checks incur a $30 fee, in addition to the amount of the original check, plus any bank charges.
Rodeo Entry Fee Breakdown:
$8.00 Per Rodeo (All Events)
$5.00 Central Entry System
$27.00 Per Event (except GC,BC & RCH) $62.00 Per Event (GC,BC,RCH)
$15.00 Qualifying Rodeo Fee $50.00 Qualifying Rodeo Fee
$5.00 State Finals Award Fund $ 5.00 State Finals Award Fund
$7.00 Rodeo Personnel $ 7.00 Rodeo Personnel
$25.00 Optional Jackpot (Must indicate at call-in, if you wish to jackpot)
(100% of jackpot fee, plus $50 per event/$100 in team events, are included in payout)
- There is no deadline to join LHSRA. Memberships are accepted at any time from now through the last qualifying rodeo.
- Cards are mailed daily, as membership documents are processed.
- Anyone who has not yet submitted membership application and documents, but plans to enter the North Central Junior High and High School Rodeos MUST send documents for NEXT DAY DELIVERY through UPS or FedEx, not through the United States Postal Service. There is no time remaining to receive through the mail. (The regular mail deadline is now over.)
- Those who submitted incomplete or incorrect membership materials and have received or will receive letters explaining what is missing or incorrect should make corrections and submit corrected or additional documents immediately. Again, those must be sent NEXT DAY through UPS or FedEx. (If you need additional clarity, please call.)
- As has been posted for quite some time, proof of enrollment in a BESE approved Home Study Program is required, per NHSRA. Creating an non-approved private or non-public school does not eliminate the requirement to provide proof of enrollment in a BESE-approved Home Study Program.
- Membership materials will continue to be processed daily. Entries for North Central will be taken through Rodeo Sports Network through next Wednesday at noon, as indicated on the info sheet that accompanies the membership card.
- To be eligible to enter, all documents must be received and correct. Those with outstanding issues will not be allowed to enter, unless the issues are resolved well before noon next Wednesday.
- Membership cards and decals, as well as informational memos, are being mailed in white business envelopes with Membership Information indicated on the envelopes.
- Problematic membership issues are returned to the prospective member in the same type of envelope with a blue memo indicating what needs to be corrected and returned.
STATE FINALS' NOTE:
2015-2016 Junior High School and High School Finals will include as eligible any member who has earned at least a percentage of a point by placing in the Top Ten in their respective event(s) at a Qualifying Rodeo during the qualifying season. (Thus, the High School Finals are no longer limited to only the Top 36 in each event.)
2015-2016 Application Process
Please select from the Junior High or High School Membership Application at left.
There is no deadline to join LHSRA. Applications are accepted at any time until the qualifying season ends with the last qualifying rodeo in May! (If joining after January 1, 2016, mid-term grades must be submitted, not year-end grades.)
The detailed OFFICIAL SCHEDULE is posted below and replaces the tentative schedule posted earlier.
Address to mail applications, as noted in each membership packet:
163 Mallard Lane
Cameron, LA 70631
- Applications should be completed online (they are fillable documents), then printed, signed and notarized, as applicable.
- Priority, certified and other specialty mailings typically take longer to arrive than typical first class mail.
- Please carefully complete and then proof the application before mailing. An application that has to be returned for corrections and omissions may delay start of membership, if planning to enter the first rodeo.
- Checks are NOT accepted.Please send a money order or cashier’s check.
- Please assure that both the principal’s signature is obtained and notary sections are completely filled out, in addition to member and parent signatures throughout.
- Signatures of BOTH biological parents are required with the exception of FULL CUSTODY or DEATH OF PARENT.Please write in one of these two, if applicable, where the second parent’s signature is required. Domiciliary custody is NOT full custody. Please call with questions on any other custody situations for which there is signed judge’s orders or other signed documentations in place.
- For liability purposes and to adhere to NHSRA membership guidelines, no card numbers will be disseminated without all proper documentation in place.
- For home school applicants, please hold all applications until the current BESE State-Approved Home Study Approval or current BESE State-Approved Home Study Renewal are received to send with the application. Louisiana Department of Education information remains posted below.
Any questions should be directed to LHSRA State Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org or by text or call to (337) 540-4623.
2015-2016 Official Schedule
Posted above is the tentative 2015-16 schedule of dates. Specific event info (cuttings and reined cow horse competitions) will be posted once all is confirmed and approved by the LHSRA Board of Directors.
Applications will be uploaded as soon as all LHSRA and NHSRA changes are in place and received. The entire packet will include fillable documents and instructions. Typing the documents on a computer, then printing the completed documents, prior to original parent, contestant, and notary signatures, will be required. The NHSRA application from the NHSRA website is not used for LHSRA membership. The LHSRA documents include a customized version of the NHSRA application with additional information, as well as LHSRA-specific forms. (The 2014-15 applications on the website are intentionally disabled and will be replaced with current application forms, once completed and approved.)
Home School Info:
There is no requirement whatsoever that LHSRA members need to belong to a rodeo club or that there must be a rodeo club at school. Members enter as individuals and are not required to join any group, other than LHSRA, a charter member of the National High School Rodeo Association.
(To add a request, please email email@example.com or text to (337) 540-4623. Please indicate the event and a parent contact. Also, please indicate when the notice no longer needs to be posted.)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND CLARIFICATION:
The $15 per event Qualifying Rodeo Fee that remains with the sponsoring Rodeo Club is the club’s fee to use as they wish. (It was previously set at $10 per event.) It is NOT a stock charge. Stock contractor fees are negotiated individually with each rodeo club.
100% of the optional $25 Junior High and High School Jackpot Fee, along with 100% of the $50 per event paid by the sponsoring Rodeo Club, is paid back to the winning contestants who enter the optional jackpot, just as 100% of both were paid back when the jackpot fee was $10 in Junior High and $15 in High School.
For information on current nationally certified Reined Cow Horse Judges, as well as NRCHA judging clinics, visit http://nrcha.com/judges-information/.
For information on currently certified Cutting Judges, as well as NCHA judging certification clinics, visit
Highlights from August 18, 2015 LHSRA Board of Directors Meeting:
LHSRA ADULT OFFICERS
National Director/Nicky Rodrigue, Cameron
President Stoney Martin, Sulphur
First Vice-President Brian McGuffee, Bossier City
Second Vice-President Winston Frey, Eunice
State Secretary Stephanie Rodrigue, Cameron
National Director/Treasurer Nicky Rodrigue, Cameron
Parliamentarian James Hagan, Leesville
MANDATORY REINED COW HORSE (RCH) JUDGES’ CLINIC
All RCH judges MUST attend clinic to be eligible to judge during the 2015-2016 year.
Cutting contestants will earn all around points at qualifying rodeos that have cuttings and toward the year-end all around, if the number of cuttings do not fall below 15.
At a multiple cutting, no cutting judge is allowed to judge more than two cuttings.
During the qualifying year, no judge can judge more than a total of three cuttings.
Any cutting judge who judges a qualifying rodeo cutting during the year cannot judge at the State Finals in the same year.
All cutting judges must be currently certified NCHA Cutting Judges.
NO dairy calves, dairy cross calves or dairy influence calves are allowed in any event.
Stock contractors are reminded that all rough stock in all events for the duration of the rodeo must be submitted to the rodeo secretary and judges before the first performance. Rough stock pens cannot be set for performances.
This year’s media fee will include a $9 fee for the monthly Louisiana Rodeo Journal and a $12 fee for the Rodeo News that is received every other week. Only one subscription of each is required in the membership per each address. Please follow the instructions contained within the membership packet in that regard.
LHSRA plans to assist with the Duhon/LeDoux Benefit, as well as offer a Mike Johnson Roping School, as LHSRA fundraisers. More info will become available as plans move forward.
Efforts are underway to host a PRCA youth clinic, as an educational outreach activity. More info will be forthcoming.
Tom O’Neal is offering his assistance to work with rodeo clubs in preparing arena grounds that are safe and fair
for competition. Those interested in his offer, as well as any interested in serving on the committee, should call (318) 548-1800.
RODEO CLUB AWARD REQUIREMENTS AND ENTRY FEE STRUCTURE
In an effort to decrease the costs, and increase the revenues, of rodeo clubs in producing rodeos, the following new award requirements and entry fee structure is now in place:
Only first place minimum $150 value buckles and all around cowboy and cowgirl minimum $200 value buckles are required for both Junior High and High School Qualifying Rodeos. Buckles of these actual values are required. Gift certificates are not to replace buckles. Saddles may certainly be awarded in place of buckles.
At their discretion, rodeo clubs can also provide more buckles or additional awards than the minimum.
Qualifying rodeos are urged, but not required, to provide some type of performance winner awards, since the second place buckles are no longer required.
In both Junior High and High School Qualifying Rodeos, the following entry fee, with specific breakdown, is in effect for the 2015-2016-rodeo year for all events except Cutting and Reined Cow Horse:
First event: $35/All additional events: $27
$5 – State Finals Awards
$7 – Qualifying Rodeo Personnel Fee
$15 – Qualifying Rodeo Fee (remains with the club per event)
Cutting and Reined Cow Horse
$50 entry fee per event (remains with the club)
One time fee per rodeo:
$3 – Scholarship Program Fee
$5 – Central Entry Fee (Rodeo Sports Network, entry system contractor)
Optional Jackpot Fee: $25 per event
INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM QUALIFYING RODEO CLUBS
One person from each of the fifteen rodeo clubs that produce qualifying rodeos are required to provide the following to the State Secretary no later than Monday, September 7, 2015:
- Official name and address of rodeo club as it appears on IRS, 501(c)3 or other official financial information.
- Official name, phone, number, email and physical address of all Board Members.
- Official name, phone number, email and physical address of Rodeo Coordinator.
- Official name, address, and phone number of ambulance service that will service the rodeo.
- Official name, address, and phone number of local hospital that will service the rodeo.
Information must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NHSRA REQUIRED INSURANCE
LHSRA will procure insurance for all eligible LHSRA qualifying rodeos during the rodeo year and payment will be invoiced with all other rodeo expenses.
LHSRA QUALIFYING RODEO REBATES
Rebates will be paid to all qualifying rodeos at the end of the season, after sponsorships are received and expenses are reconciled.
The mandatory gift card raffle will continue, as in previous years. An official acknowledgment form is included annually with membership documents.
Those with issues they wish to have addressed will be required to bring those issues themselves before the board at a board meeting. Complaints will not be accepted through board members or others and without the identity of the complainant. Those with issues are to contact the Adult President and the Secretary to be added to a meeting agenda. Issues arising at the rodeo are to be handled in accordance with the NHSRA rulebook. Positive suggestions are always welcome!
QUESTIONS ON ANY OF THIS INFO?
Call, text or email Stephanie Rodrigue at (337) 540-4623 or email@example.com.
LJHSFR 2015 Final Results
LHSFR 2015 Final Results