Raffle Tickets' Reminder for the Sulphur Rodeo
Every Junior High and High School member is required to sell two (2) books of twenty (20) tickets each during the rodeo season with specifics as follows:
- To clarify, there are only 2 books that are required to be sold.
- The first book and payment is due at the Sulphur Rodeo this weekend. Scheduled to collect books and payment are: Mrs. Mandy Martin on Friday night, Mrs. Tammy Parrott on Saturday during the day and early evening, and Mrs. Cindy Frey on Sunday.
- Members who joined on or after October 15, 2013, must sell and submit their first book and payment no later than December 15, 2013, by mailing stubs and payment to: Mrs. Tammy Parrott, 831 LaHaye Road, Mamou, LA 70554. Please do NOT mail cash.
- Members who have not submitted one book and payment will be blocked from entering the Northeast High School Rodeo in Bastrop.
- The second book may be submitted early, but is due no later than the New Iberia Junior High/High School Rodeo.
- Any questions in reference to this fundraiser are to be directed to Mrs. Tammy Parrott at (337) 523-3412.
Highlights from the LHSRA Board of Directors Meeting
- All Qualifying Rodeos are immediately required to rake after every five (5) contestants in Barrel Racing and Pole Bending, at both Junior High and High School Rodeos.
- All Qualifying Rodeos are immediately required to use the LHSRA average timing equipment at all Junior High and High School Rodeos, whether or not the venue's equipment averages.
- Proposed rule changes to the NHSRA Rulebook must be emailed to Nicky Rodrigue, National Director/NHSRA Rules Chairman, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than December 1, 2013. Rule changes are only considered every other year by the National High School Rodeo Association.
- Gino Delafose will perform in concert on Saturday, May 31, 2014, prior to the evening performance of the LJHFR. More information will be forthcoming.
- Kenny Kyle has been selected to serve as the official announcer of the LJHFR and the LHSFR. Information on bid packages/proposals for remaining Finals' rodeo personnel, stock, and awards will be forthcoming.
- A $30 penalty will be imposed on NSF checks received by LHSRA, Qualifying Rodeos or other LHSRA associates/partners. Upon the receipt of a second NSF check, the contestant will be placed on a "Cash Only" basis.
Prom Info and Highlights from Student Officers and Prom Volunteers Meeting
The 2014 LHSRA Prom is schdeduled as follows:
Saturday, January 4, 20147:30 - 11:30 PMCountry Inn and Suites2727 Monroe HighwayPineville, LA 71360 Room reservations at (318) 641-8332. Louisiana High School Rodeo Rates: Kings/Doubles-$104, Suites-$124.
Theme: "Krewe de LHSRA" (Mardi Gras)
Anyone with Mardi Gras beads to donate may bring to any of the Student Officers at the Sulphur Rodeo.
Special THANKS to Wendell and Barbara Wilkerson for the venue; and Jim Paul and Juanita Dupont for the cutting cattle, all at no cost to LHSRA for the Fall Cuttings # 2,3 and 4!
Insurance Reminders for Rodeo Coordinators
Rodeo Coordinators are reminded of the requirement of "participant liability which includes contestant and livestock/arena workers for $1,000,000; damage to rented properties covered up to $100,000; Products-Com/OP AGG coverage of $2,000, 000 " with additional insureds listed to include, but are not limited to:
National High School Rodeo Association
Louisiana High School Rodeo Association
Official Name of Qualifying Rodeo
Official Rodeo Club Name and Address
Business Name and Address of Stock Contractor
Business Name /Property Owner and Address of Facility
Certificates of Insurance that includes the aforementioned are to be emailed to Jan Beyer, NHSRA, at JBeyer@nhsra.org and Stephanie Rodrigue, LHSRA State Secretary, at email@example.com, no later than 30 days before each qualifying rodeo, to meet NHSRA reporting requirements. The insurance company may send directly, if they wish. Questions on this matter should be emailed, as well.
Order and ad forms for the 2012-13 and 2013-14 yearbooks are posted under the "Yearbooks" tab. Appreciation is extended to Yearbook Committee members Dr. Kelly Hudspeth, Mrs. Carrie Johnson, Mrs. Christy Hebert, and Mrs. Missy Istre.
Current Requests for Partners
High School TR Heeler Needed: Contact Kent Soileau (dad) at (337) 945-9120
High School TR Heeler Needed: Contact Christi Smith (mom) at (318) 594-1297
Junior High Roper Needed for Ribbon Roping: Call Ki Allen (riding Coach) at (318) 267-5524
High School TR Heeler Needed: Call Tiffany Williams (mom) at (337)397-9595
New Member Application Process
Prospective members are asked to download appropriate forms at the "Forms" tab and mail fully completed forms and membership fee to:
Stephanie Rodrigue, State Secretary
163 Mallard Lane
Cameron, LA 70631
Applications are processed daily and every effort is made to provide all new members with entry information before the books close for the current rodeo. Membership packets are distributed at the first rodeo attended. Any questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org